Monday, May 12, 2008

Team Quotes I

Nothing like a few memorable quotes of fellow team members and climbers …………

"Do the radios work down crevasses?" Raphael.

"What do you want me to do, kiss it better?" Dr. James O’Leary when asked to give medical advice.

"We may as well throw you down a crevasse!" Dr. Jamie McGuiness when asked to give medical advice.

“It should take you between 3 and 5 hours”. Jamie talking about how long it should take to get up the ice fall. 1st time up the team averaged about 9 hrs!

"That was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life." Anselm after having climbed the ice fall for the first time.

"If you think the ice fall was hard, wait until you try the Lhotse Face!" Alan Arnette.

"There's camp II. That's only 1/2 hour away!" Andy.

"There's a lot of negative people here. They all need to go back to NY." Anonymous climber at Camp II

"If I take any pictures over a crevasse, I will be taking extra precautions with 2 safety lines." David.

"I think everyone at base camp is going to hate me!" The American removed from base camp by the Nepalese army for conducting a "Free Tibet" protest.

"I never really laughed at Inspector Clouseau until I moved to the USA." Raphael.

"You missed a great party last night." Jamie's opening comment on 1st radio call from BC to Camp I.

"You win the prize for most disgusting meal consumed on the trip so far." David to Andy after Andy consumed 2 serves of dehydrated smoked texas hickory chicken at C1.

“I didn’t think the ice fall would be so steep!” David.

“Do you have any Pringles?” Anselm.

“I asked for a masculine Sherpa, and I got one that spends all his time doing laundry, grooming himself, and drinking from a pink water bottle”. Gina.

“I am a cola connoisseur”. Anselm.

“I’ve lost so much weight I’ve got no hips left to hang my harness off.” David.

“I do not eat potatoes twice a day.” Raphael.

“The Peak Freak team’s shower is much nicer because it has a separate change room.” Raphael known on the team to be rather indulgent in the use of BC shower facilities (as opposed to all other team members!)

“I’m so dumb”. Jamie. “Do you want a 2nd opinion?” Andy.

No comments: